Sponsored

Wednesday 26 October 2011

JaMarcus Russell: "The game was not Fun for Me"

0 comments

This week's issue of Sports Illustrated contains a profile of former Raiders QB JaMarcus Russell, the main choice in the 2007 draft, and possibly the largest bust of Round 1 in NFL history.
CAPTION By Kirby Lee, U.S. Press wire
However, according to Russell, he has to deal with questions of the public did not know while masking his problems with the former Oakland coach Tom Cable.
"I put a hit for him," Russell says Cable, who parted with the Russell-less Raiders then following the 2010 season.
"Do not complain when he squeezed me as a starter. Do not complain when he called the same plays five damn times. Not (badmouth) with other coaches. When (the media) asked me, I say:" He's a good coach, good guy
. "Then I heard what he said I was the worst has happened to the Raiders, if it were not for him we would be in the playoffs?
"He's just got to where the game was not fun for me."
Raiders let him go after the acquisition of Russell QB Jason Campbell in 2010. For three seasons, Russell has won only seven of 25 starts, completed 52.1% of his passes and managed just 18 TD passes (or approximately $ 2 million).
He also complained about lack of help around him, feeling too much control group were attributed to him.
"It was not going well, and sometimes he felt like everything fell on me. I take the responsibility, but I was a kid," he said.
"I may have missed the shot, but I did not give up 42 points, I have not missed a block."
Russell said his rocky stay with the team was also marred by the deaths of 11 members of his family and his struggle with sleep apnea.


Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment